About the Whitby Wolves High Performance Program (HPP)
“For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”
To provide an opportunity for elite female players to excel in a positive and fun learning environment that challenges them technically, tactically, physically, and mentally.
What is the HPP?
The newly renovated program takes a comprehensive multi-disciplinary approach designed specifically for elite athletes striving to reach the next levels in their hockey journeys.
Our 2022-23 HPP Head Coaches:
The HPP includes:
- Outstanding coaching by the area’s best coaches of female hockey
- A mental performance training program under the direction of Dr. Cassidy Preston, Ph.D.
- Physical training and monitoring guided by Jennifer Wakefield, a former Team Canada player with World and Olympic gold medals
- An active mentorship and coach education program directed and delivered by WGHA Technical Coordinator Richard Bercuson
- technical and tactical curricula shaped to the needs of each team
- Video analysis
- A monitored affiliation program in which HPP athletes visit with younger or lower level teams. As well, these HPP athletes are provided regular opportunities to practice or play with our higher level teams. Eg. U15s at U18 practices/games
- Guest coach initiatives both from within the WGHA and visiting coaches (eg. USports)